Cultivating Mindfulness in Schools
Mindfulness is a highly effective strategy to help students meet their psychological needs in school and throughout life. Providing students with the tools of mindfulness has the potential to improve their self-concept, interpersonal relationships, academic achievement, mental and physical health. Learn practical tools and strategies to incorporate mindfulness activities in the classroom and school. In addition, gain an understanding of how to educate school leaders, parents, and students as to the value of cultivating mindfulness in the classroom.Request workshop
- Develop an understanding of what mindfulness is and what it is not.
- Understand the research that supports integrating mindfulness in schools, including the science of mindfulness.
- Experience five major benefits of mindfulness: stress reduction, attention, emotional control, positive self-concept, and positive interactions.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of modeling, teaching, and reinforcing mindfulness.
- Learn practical activities to help students develop a positive self-concept and improve their overall well-being and relationships.
- Explore useful tools to help students focus their attention, reduce stress, and bring an awareness to their emotions.
- Learn ways to educate school leaders, parents, and students as to the need for mindfulness in the classroom and schools.
All educators including classroom teachers, counselors, paraprofessionals, instructional facilitators, principals, assistant principals, and district administrators.
- One-day introduction of all session outcomes
- Two consecutive days for a thorough overview of all session outcomes
- Multiple one-day sessions to go deeper with individual session outcomes
Cultivating Mindfulness in the Classroom